We have an opening for a Group Leader I in our Functional Biology Core Lab. The primary responsibility of this position will be to manage the Functional Biology group successfully while also executing project related activities. The successful candidate will be able to perform all Core duties in an independent fashion and will collaborate and coordinate within the group and across other Core lab functions. The Group Leader I should be a critical scientific thinker and will be expected to perform experiments, analysis and troubleshooting, participate in project meetings and collaborate with Project Managers to determine the path forward for experiments. The successful candidate will be energetic, efficient and thrive in a high paced environment. The Group Leader I is expected to mentor, develop and lead all Functional Biology Core Lab scientists and to build strong relationships within the Core. Superior communication skills are essential.
- Responsible for all Functional Biology Core Lab operational resource planning and organization of all request needs.
- Extensive experience with experimental design and execution and to work collaboratively with junior and senior scientists.
- Responsible for development and management of all Functional Biology Core Lab personnel including administrative tasks.
- Execution of bench work to support all Functional Biology activities including but not limited to cell culture and cell engineering, execution of both in vitro functional cell based assays, biochemical characterization as well as phenotypic characterization. Assay development, optimization, analysis and interpretation skills are paramount. Experience in high content analysis, cell biology and biochemistry is essential. Phenotypic drug discovery experience is preferred.
- Ability to maintain a quality system of record keeping and reporting in line with current practices.
- Lead technical and procedural innovation within the Functional Biology group.
Education and Experience:
- PhD with experience in a commercial setting preferred.
- At least 8-10 years of applicable research experience.
- Prior supervisory and management experience.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with culturing and maintaining different cell lines simultaneously ranging from primary cell lines to stable cell lines.
- Working knowledge with IncuCyte system, InCell Analyzer, MagPix Typhoon, Guava easyCyte, SpectraMax, LightCycler, Envision Plate Reader System, Tecan and high throughput automation.
- Knowledge and understanding of recombinant protein biochemistry highly desirable.