Our Bedford, MA office has an immediate opening for an Office and Lab Assistant to handle the distribution and dispatching of incoming, outgoing and departmental mail and all package delivery as well as supporting some laboratory and facility activities. This is a regular part-time position working approximately 25 hours per week with flexible scheduling.
- Prepare all paperwork, package, process and track domestic and international overnight packages
- Sort and place employee mail in mail slots
- Notify employees of the arrival of incoming packages and where they can pick them up
- Wash flasks and bottles in the labs; must wear lab coat and safety glasses
- Greet visitors to office; ensure host employee picks up visitor; direct delivery and repair people
- Load and unload dishwasher daily; order kitchen supplies as needed
- Manage lab coat services, insure supply of lab coats is sufficient for scientists and visitors
- Order miscellaneous supplies
- File for A/P and Finance as time permits
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree
- Ability to handle all aspects of overnight shipments with great attention to detail
- Punctual with a sense of urgency for timely completion responsibilities and must be able to multitask
- Ability to work with a team as well as independently with limited supervision
- Ability to accurately sort and distribute large amounts of mail
- Ability to read and understand written and oral instructions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products as well as mailing software programs
This is an opportunity for an individual interested in working a part-time flexible schedule. Vacation and holidays are paid after an initial work period. Submit your resume to Jobs@be4.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Beryllium Discovery Corp. will consider all qualified applications for employment. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.