Our Bedford, MA facility has an opening for a Research Associate III in our Protein Expression Core. The successful candidate will perform advanced laboratory activities primarily using mammalian and Baculovirus expression systems. The successful candidate will possess fermentation and cell culture expertise (small and large scale) and demonstrate the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- All methods and techniques, including strong proficiency in aseptic techniques, as required for protein expression and optimization experiments in mammalian, insect and bacterial expression systems from small scale to production scale.
- Assist in developing methods for high yield expression of novel protein targets.
- Perform multiple experiments with multiple targets in parallel under aggressive timelines.
- Collaborate with other Core lab functions.
- Analyze and present data in meetings and to external audience as needed.
Education and Experience:
- A life science degree with at least 2 years of experience in recombinant protein expression.
- Impeccable communication skills and attention to detail.
- Lab skills pertaining to recombinant protein expression for a variety of proteins, cell types and expression systems.
- Solid experience with mammalian cell culture.
- Experience with Baculovirus expression systems is a strong asset.
- Understanding of protein expression/purification workflows along with production experience.