Our Bedford, MA facility has an opening for a Research Scientist in our Protein Expression Core. The successful candidate will perform advanced laboratory activities primarily using mammalian expression systems. The successful candidate will possess fermentation and cell culture expertise (small and large scale) and excel in a fast-paced environment.
- All methods and techniques required for protein expression and optimization experiments in mammalian, insect and bacterial expression systems from small scale to production scale with strong aseptic techniques;
- Develop methods for high yield expression of novel target proteins;
- Perform multiple experiments with multiple targets in parallel under aggressive timelines;
- Provide support to the Group Leader regarding production planning;
- Follow, develop and implement Site Work Procedures;
- Lead and mentor junior scientists;
- Collaborate with other Core lab functions;
- Analyze and present data in meetings and to external audience as needed.
Education and Experience:
- A life science degree with at least 6 years’ advanced lab skills in recombinant protein expression for a variety of proteins, cell types and expression systems;
- Impeccable communication skills;
- Solid experience with mammalian cultures;
- Understanding of protein expression/purification workflows along with production experience;
- Assay experience is a plus.