Our Bedford, MA facility has an opening for a Group Leader in our Functional Biology Lab. This position will manage the Functional Biology group while executing project-related activities. The successful candidate will perform Core duties independently and collaborate within the group and across other Core lab functions. The Group Leader should be a critical scientific thinker and will be expected to perform experiments, analysis and troubleshooting, and collaborate with Project Managers to determine the path forward for experiments. The successful candidate will be energetic, efficient and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Superior communication skills are essential.
- Responsible for all Functional Biology Core operational resource planning and organization of all request needs;
- Responsible to mentor, develop and lead Functional Biology junior and senior scientists;
- Execution of bench work to support all Functional Biology activities including cell culture and cell engineering, execution of both in vitro functional cell based assays, biochemical characterization as well as phenotypic characterization. Assay development, optimization, analysis and interpretation skills are paramount. TR-FRET assay experience necessary. Experience in high content analysis, cell biology and biochemistry is essential. Phenotypic drug discovery experience is preferred;
- Lead technical and procedural innovation within the Functional Biology group.
Education and Experience:
- PhD with experience in a commercial setting preferred;
- At least 8-10 years of applicable research experience;
- Prior supervisory and management experience;
- Extensive knowledge and experience with culturing and maintaining different cell lines simultaneously ranging from primary cell lines to stable cell lines;
- Working knowledge with IncuCyte system, InCell Analyzer, MagPix Typhoon, Guava easyCyte, SpectraMax, LightCycler, Envision Plate Reader System, Tecan and high throughput automation;
- Knowledge and understanding of recombinant protein biochemistry highly desirable
- Oncology and/or Neuroscience background highly desirable.